Website ST ELIZABETH'S CENTRE
Chief Executive Officer
Much Hadham, Hertfordshire
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and compassionate Chief Executive who will be an ambassador of our Catholic ethos. You will be responsible for the overall leadership and management of St Elizabeth’s Centre and will work closely with the new Trustees to formulate and enable the strategic plans for the continuing, sustainable development of the Centre.
St Elizabeth’s Centre is a not for profit independent organisation providing education, care and healthcare and therapeutic support for people of all ages who have epilepsy and other complex needs. Established in 1903, we are one of the charitable works of the Congregation of the Daughters of the Cross of Liege, who are in the process of transferring the Centre into a new charity.
St Elizabeth’s offers a range of services to all age groups with learning difficulties. We provide holistic care, support, health and education services in a safe environment for very vulnerable people, recognising them to be unique individuals who should be valued, supported and enabled to maximise their personal potential in all areas of life.
The Centre is set in 65 acres of parkland and comprises a Residential Special School for young people up to the age of 19 years; a Further Education College with supported tenanted accommodation and a village for over 100 residents requiring Adult Residential Care. Nursing and Therapy support is integral to all services.
- Ensure that there are clear strategic planning cycles within the School/Children’s Home, College, Adult Care Services including Domiciliary Care and the Health Agency where medium term plans are established, monitored, reviewed and translated into annual development plans.
- Be aware of national and regional changes across education, social care and health that could impact upon St Elizabeth’s and ensure that medium term and annual action plans reflect them.
- Maintain and develop appropriate, positive relationships with Local Authorities and partnering organisations, and realise stakeholder potential in contributing to the strategic development of the Centre.
- Manage the conduct and performance of all staff directly reporting to the CEO in accordance with St Elizabeth’s Centre policies and procedures.
- Ensure proposed capital projects are properly planned and associated fundraising activities are aligned in order to meet capital projects on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all significant operational, organisational and reputational risks are identified and managed; and all central support services fully meet their legal and regulatory requirements and comply with accepted best practice.
- A practising Roman Catholic with a clear commitment to the realisation of Christian principles in the workplace and personal life.
- Demonstrable, credible leader with at least five years successful senior management experience within the health and social care sector with familiarity of the education sector and responsibility for a complex, multi-million pound service.
- Ability to lead and manage complex, large scale projects by coordinating, analysing and interpreting complex information and managing the resultant effect on the Centre’s strategic planning.
- Well-developed ability to negotiate with and influence a wide range of audiences with differing perspectives, viewpoints and priorities through strong interpersonal skills and effective working relationships.
- Excellent strategic and operational organisational skills, establishing clear priorities and delivering agreed objectives on time.
- Understanding of, and respect for compliance within the standards and principle of good governance.
For further information and details on how to apply, please visit www.berwickpartners.co.uk/66569
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisor at Berwick Partners; Aemilia Lovatt on 0207 518 2690.
Closing date for applications: 8th May 2018
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.berwickpartners.co.uk/66569 →